Hartford Food System (HFS) is seeking a part-time Coordinator to direct and implement our Little City Sprouts (LCS) program. LCS provides children aged 2 – 5 years in Hartford early learning centers with the opportunity to learn about, grow, cook and taste fresh healthy food through food-related field trips, gardening, nutrition, and cooking lessons designed for them. Children learn by participating in educational activities at their preschool both in classroom and in the garden. The goal of the program is to encourage some of Hartford’s youngest residents to learn and get excited about adopting healthy lifestyles and eating habits.
· Plan, coordinate and facilitate all elements of LCS programming, including effective partnering with several Early Learning Centers in Hartford.
· Ensure accurate program reporting and recording, tracking attendance
· Maintain program budget and track expenditures
· Evaluate reach and impact of the program
· Manage Little City Sprouts communications though social media and other reports
· Work to expand the program through grant applications, developing relationships with potential partners, community outreach and other means
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
· Proficient in and/or strong interest in one or more of the following: health, nutrition, early childhood education, gardening, cooking education
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Ability to interact confidently with diverse groups and perspectives
· Ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to drive and provide own transportation
· Passionate about urban food issues, children’s health, and being “part of the solution.”
· Desired qualifications include: basic Spanish language skills, grant-writing or other fundraising experience, and prior experience working with young children
Compensation will be an hourly rate commensurate with experience. This is a part-time, year-round position that we are hoping to fill as soon as possible. Please e-mail a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Hartford Food System is a nonprofit organization focused on building a healthy food system in Hartford since 1978. To learn more, visit our website at hartfordfood.org or on Facebook. Hartford Food System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org